Throughout 2016, The Bro’d Trip showed my camera and I all 50 U.S. states, 3 Canadian provinces, and Puerto Rico.
I shot over 16,000 photos in 2016 and I’ve narrowed it down to my 16 favorite (perhaps BEST?) frames.
Here they are, in no particular order:
1. McWay Falls | Big Sur, California
After driving the Pacific Coast Highway for a few hours, beautiful vistas lose their shine. But McWay makes this vista stand out a bit, and for good reason.
2. Summer Glissade | Breckenridge, Colorado
The perfect way to cool off after a long hike is a couple runs down the nearest hill! All it takes is a patch of snow, a rain jacket, and a bit of adventurous spirit.
3. The Wave | Coyotte Buttes, Arizona
If you can win a lottery granting you a permit and hike 3 miles using a bit of a treasure map, you’ll be handsomely rewarded with this desert oasis. The textures of The Wave are unlike anything else you’ll ever experience.
4. Moulton Barn | Grand Tetons National Park, Wyoming
Patience, planning, and some dumb luck put the Milky Way behind Moulton Barn on a clear night. The shooting star wasn’t even necessary to make my night, the sky was just showing off at that point.
5. Morning Stroll | Yosemite National Park, California
Mornings are tough. Views (and furry friends) like these make them much easier.
6. Relient K | Minneapolis, MN
If you cross paths with Matt Thiessen, get ready to have your face rocked off.
7. Perspective | Oahu, Hawaii
Sometimes seeing the same thing from a different angle changes everything.
8. Partial Camouflage | San Juan, Puerto Rico
Whoa, sorry! Didn’t see you there!
9. Glacial Hiking | Kenai Fjords National Park, Alaska
Alaska is wild. Need I say more?
10. Late Night At the Office | Asheville, North Carolina
Few people understand what it takes to be able to travel extensively. My partner in crime this year is one of the few I don’t have to explain myself to. Late nights, small offices, uncomfortable chairs, and multiple layers made our world go round.
11. Secret Slot Canyon | Somewhere in Utah
This special little nook is in danger of being destroyed by heavy foot traffic. That said, I can’t tell you where it is. But you can look at this picture for as long as you’d like.
12. Alcan Traffic Jam | Yukon Territory, Canada
It’s cool man, I’ll just wait.
13. Power and Finesse | Niagara Falls, New York
Perhaps more bravery than water in this one.
14. Mardi Gras | New Orleans, Louisiana
“You gonna dance or what?”
15. Reflect | Somewhere in New Hampshire
Lots of time spent driving provides plenty of time for…reflection.
16. Prada Marfa | Marfa, Texas
This fake storefront/art installment (and the scarce pair of tail lights whizzing by) is the only thing to remind you of human existence in this baron stretch of West Texas.